Buckwheat tea (Ku Qiao) is one of the favorite drinks in the Middle Kingdom. Chinese people respect and honor this infusion not only for its extraordinary taste, but also for the kaleidoscope of positive properties that this tea has on the body.
Although it’s not quite correct to call this drink tea, and it has nothing in common with known to all buckwheat groats, Qu Qiao.
Buckwheat tea: what is it?
Buckwheat tea is not really a tea in the classical sense of the word, but a brewed infusion of black buckwheat, a culture that grows in China and differs from the well-known buckwheat in having a milder and more delicate taste and a number of positive properties.
The green kind of buckwheat is also suitable for making tea, but it is less valuable because it contains fewer healthful substances.
The regular consumption of tea based on buckwheat will help restore immunity, prevent the development of many diseases, including relapses of chronic pathologies. Will help the miraculous infusion to get rid of extra pounds. The main thing is to know how to cook and use buckwheat tea correctly.
What are the benefits of buckwheat tea?
The Chinese love and appreciation of buckwheat tea is explained by the fact that this drink is simply a treasure trove of useful properties, which are revealed when the drink is drunk regularly. What are the properties of the infusion on the basis of black Tatar buckwheat?
- The body’s defenses are strengthened, the immune system will be able to resist viral and infectious diseases on its own.
- Consumption of the drink on a regular basis significantly reduces the risk of cancer, which is especially important for people who are genetically predisposed to cancer.
- The functioning of the digestive system is normalized. Buckwheat tea is recommended to drink regularly for people with acute and chronic gastritis.
- There is a positive effect on the heart muscle and the vascular system.
- Normalizes the concentration of glucose in the blood.
- Reduces the amount of harmful cholesterol.
- Cures inflammatory processes in the body, regardless of their location.
- The presence of antisclerotic substances in the composition helps to strengthen large and small blood vessels, better blood clotting.
- Drink has a calming effect on the central nervous system, increasing the body’s resistance to stress and emotional turmoil. People who have become a daily habit of drinking buckwheat tea are emotionally stable, do not suffer from depression and have no problems with sleep.
- Cleansing of blood vessels from toxic substances and toxins, cholesterol plaques are dissolved. Due to this, the lumen of blood vessels is restored, blood pressure normalized, and the excessive load on the heart is removed.
- Improving metabolic processes, speeding up the metabolism is one of the main factors that contributes to the fastest weight loss.
- It restores blood circulation in the brain, which improves brain function and mental abilities. Strokes are prevented.
- Cleansing the body of toxins and impurities.
- Withdrawal of excess fluid from the body, thereby quickly eliminating edema.
Beverage based on Tatar buckwheat has a positive effect not only on the health and functioning of the entire body, but also on beauty. Due to the fact that the tea helps to cleanse the whole body of toxic and other harmful substances, its daily use is able to prolong the youth and beauty of the skin, make hair silky and shiny, and nails strong.
Buckwheat tea Ku Qiao is an excellent aphrodisiac; the drink increases libido and has a positive effect on male potency. Due to the presence in the composition of buckwheat magnesium and zinc, the drink can significantly improve the quality of male ejaculate.
Composition of the tea
Black Tatar buckwheat, on the basis of which is prepared a useful drink, absorbed a wealth of vitamins, macro and trace elements that are extremely necessary for the human body. The presence of a number of such substances and provides a variety of positive properties of buckwheat tea:
- Macro and trace elements: copper and iron, potassium and calcium, magnesium and phosphorus, zinc, sodium and manganese. Enriched with buckwheat very rare substances in the composition – selenium, chromium and aluminum, vanadium.
- Vitamins A, B, E, PP.
- Flavonoids that prevent the formation of atypical, cancer cells.
- Rutin – a substance in buckwheat, which has a strengthening effect on the vascular system, promotes skin rejuvenation and the extension of its beauty and freshness.
- Fiber: after drinking a single portion of tea it is satiated for a long time, that’s why this drink helps to cope with hunger during diets.
- Protein is a “building material” for muscle fiber.
- Moreover, buckwheat tea contains a lot of antioxidants that clean the body, and this means that all the vital systems will work properly and the overall health will improve.
How to brew buckwheat tea
In order for the drink to reveal all of its beneficial properties, it must be brewed correctly, following certain rules and recommendations.
The grains can be brewed three times in 1 day, leaving the ingredient for the next day is not recommended, it will lose its properties. The grains are poured from the bag into a glass and poured over freshly boiled water, the optimal temperature of the liquid is 900 C, leave it to infuse for 1-3 minutes, after which the drink is strained. The remaining grains should be stored in a container under a lid in a place where there is no access to sunlight. The dosage is 1 teaspoon of buckwheat seeds per 1 cup hot. After the grains have been brewed three times, they can be consumed by chewing thoroughly.
The scheme of consumption of buckwheat infusion: the first 30 days drink 3 cups of the drink in a day, then there should be a break for 14 days, if necessary, repeat the monthly reception of the drink. Use a scheme of buckwheat tea can be used continuously. If buckwheat tea Ku Qiao is taken with the purpose of the fastest recovery from certain diseases, the first 3 months the drink should be drunk every day for 3 cups, then take a break for a month, and then alternate such a scheme.
The grains are poured from the bag in a glass and pour the recently boiled water, the optimal temperature of the liquid is 90 C, leave it to infuse for 1-3 minutes, after which the drink is strained. The remaining grains should be stored in a container under a lid in a place where there is no access to sunlight. The dosage is 1 teaspoon of buckwheat seeds per 1 cup hot. After the grains have been brewed three times, they can be consumed by chewing thoroughly.
Contraindications for use
Although buckwheat tea is very useful, it has contraindications, in the presence of which the use of infusion on black Tatar buckwheat is not recommended, and even dangerous:
- rapid blood clotting;
- Exacerbation of chronic diseases of the gastrointestinal tract.
In these cases, the reception of tea will only aggravate the pathological processes and diseases, which can lead to extremely undesirable and severe consequences.
Can buckwheat tea be taken during pregnancy?
During pregnancy, it is not only possible, but also recommended to use an infusion of black tartar buckwheat. The drink will help to eliminate the signs of toxicity and saturate the body with vitamins, macro and trace elements, which will be useful not only for the woman, but also for the fetus, for its proper physical and mental development.
How to choose Chinese buckwheat tea
In stores, buckwheat tea is sold pre-packaged. To choose a quality ingredient for your drink, you need to smell it. If buckwheat smells bitter, you should not buy it. The smell of bitterness from groats indicates that it has been improperly processed and, most likely, has been exposed to high temperatures, and therefore an infusion on such buckwheat will not only taste unpleasant, but can also be harmful to the body.
You should pay attention not only to the smell, but also to the kind of groats. Buckwheat has a smaller, oblong shape and a golden yellow color than buckwheat groats. To get a quality product, delivered directly from China, buy buckwheat for making a healthy drink should be in specialized stores that deal with teas.
How to cook it at home
Self-cooking buckwheat tea is a rather troublesome matter that requires compliance with certain nuances. But there is one significant advantage of preparing buckwheat at home – absolute confidence in the quality and naturalness of the ingredient for a healthy drink. Algorithm of actions for the preparation of buckwheat at home:
- Acquired grains of Tatar black buckwheat, raw and peeled, should be poured into a frying pan, so that the groats completely cover the bottom of the dish.
- Turn on medium heat and on it fry the groats, stirring all the time. For the buckwheat to fry evenly, in 1 run you need to pour on the pan no more than 1 cup of groats.
- The time for frying buckwheat is chosen individually, depending on whether you want a strong or a weak tea. If you like it strong, fry the buckwheat until it turns a dark color. For the tea to be tender and soft, it is enough to roast buckwheat only a little, the main thing is to stir it constantly, otherwise it will burn and will be bitter.
- Cooked grains should be left in the pan to cool, and then sift them through a sieve. This measure will help to remove the dust, which was formed in the process of frying groats.
Cooked buckwheat is stored in a jar under a lid. It is not recommended to cook too much groats, from prolonged storage they can get damp, which will not only lose their taste, but also their useful properties